- 1.1. The present Order regulates admission of foreign citizens and stateless persons entering Mozyr State Pedagogical University named after I.P.Shamyakin.
- 1.2. Admission Order is worked out in accordance with the following documents:
- Admission rules to higher education establishments approved by Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus No. 80 of 07.02.2006 (with additions and amendments);
- Admission order to Mozyr State Pedagogical University named after I.P.Shamyakin;
- Education Code of the Republic of Belarus;
- Regulations “About education of foreign citizens in the Republic of Belarus” approved by the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus dated 07.07.1993 No. 442 (as amended on 29.08.2002 No. 1171);
- Instruction on the procedure of endorsement of foreign citizens’ invitations for education by departments on citizenship and migration of Department of Home Affairs of the Republic of Belarus (Decree of Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus dated July 25, 2007 No. 175/39- а);
- Letter of Instruction of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus “About the admission organization of foreign citizens in the higher educational establishments in 2011/2012” dated 20.06.2011 No. И-14-29/64,
- 1.3. Admission of foreign citizens and stateless persons remaining legally in the Republic of Belarus and having a required level of previous education on the terms of payment is based on the contracts signed by the university with foreign citizens and stateless persons or their confidential persons. In cases of admission of minor foreign citizens to paid training, a minor foreigner can do it himself. At the same time in order to guarantee the recognition of a valid contract in case of need for it, a minor foreigner should have a notarized written agreement (or application) of his confidential person to sign the contract. In case an agreement is written in foreign language, there should be a notarized translation into the Russian (Belarusian) language.
- 1.4. Admission of foreign citizens is conducted on the specialities included in the licence of Mozyr State Pedagogical University named after I.P.Shamyakin for the right to conduct educational activities which forsee awarding documents of education of state standard and declared in the Admission Order to Mozyr State Pedagogical University named after I.P.Shamyakin approved by the Ministry of education of the Republic of Belarus.
- 1.5. Foreign citizens and persons without citizenship are admitted for full-time and correspondence studies. Foreign citizens and stateless persons residing permanently at the territory of other states and entering correspondence department, visa support is offered only for the period of exams provided by the program of training. Enrollment at the correspondence department cannot be the reason for registration for the period exceeding the period of examination sessions.
- 1.6. Foreign citizens and stateless persons residing permanently at the territory of the Republic of Belarus, citizens of the Russian Federation, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Republic of Tajikistan can participate in the contest to receive higher education at the university through the national budget on a competitive basis, if this education they receive for the first time or to enter a university on a competitive basis in terms of payment by individuals or legal entities.
- 1.7. The university will not admit citizens of the Republic of Turkmenistan having completed school in Turkmenistan during the period when normative term of school education was nine years. The presence the school-leaving certificate which Turkmen citizen has got on the completion of a 9-year school is not a basis for admission to the university.
- 1.8. The official invitations for studying for foreign citizens and stateless persons entering Mozyr State Pedagogical University named after I.P.Shamyakin, registration in the manner prescribed by law and visa support are carried out by the International Affairs Department before applying.
2. Submission of application documents from candidates.
2.1. The International Affairs Department informs the university admission committee about the foreign citizens who
have applied their documents.
2.2. Admission of the documents is carried out from July, 16 till October, 15 of the current year.
2.3. Foreign citizens and stateless persons (or their confidential persons) submit the following documents to the
university admission committee:
- application for admittance for studies indicating the chosen speciality;
- certificate on secondary education with the transcript of subjects studied and examinations grades received;
- medical certificate issued by a Belarusian territorial health care agency;
- medical certificate about the state of health and certificate proving that a foreign applicant has no HIV-infection, issued by an official health
care agency of the country the candidate for studies comes from;
- notarized copy of the birth certificate;
- 6 photographs 3x4 cm;
- certificate of the faculty of pre-university training, preparatory department, preparatory courses of the higher education
institutions (if any);
- passport or any other document proving the applicant's identity. It should be presented by the applicant in person.
3. Registration order of enrollment.
3.1. Foreign citizens and stateless persons are enrolled to the university after an obligatory medical examination at
Mozyr Polyclinic No. 4 to confirm the lack of contraindications for studying in the Republic of Belarus and getting a certificate
issued by healthcare authorities.
3.2. If a foreign citizen has no certificate of the Republic of Belarus, confirming that he (she) took the university
preparatory courses, he (she) must be interviewed to determine if the language of instruction (Russian or Belarusian) and 2 major subjects
in the chosen speciality determined in Admission Order to Mozyr State Pedagogical University are sufficient for the applicant’s successful
completion of the chosen course.
3.3. The interviewing is conducted by the Committee with one of the members of the Admission University Committee at the head.
This Committee is approved by the order of Rector of the university.
The interviewing is conducted in one day by the committee with one examiner in each subject. In case it is held only for interviewing language,
two examiners in the subject are included in the committee, one of them may be a member of the admission committee.
The questions and tasks for the interview are prepared by the chief examiner of the Subject Examining Committee according to the entrance
tests programs and its format doesn’t give much time to think over. The questions and results of the subjects interview are recorded in the
letterform signed by the members of the committee.
3.4. According to the decision of the admission committee foreign citizens and stateless persons may be eligible for
xemption from the interview if their mark is not less than 4 (four) according to the 5-point grading scale ( or the mark above satisfactory
according to other grading scales).
The foreign citizen is informed of the decision about exemption from the interview in professional subject (subjects) not later than next day from the
moment of its decision-making and it is recorded in the interview sheet.
3.5. A decision about the enrollment is taking by the admission committee on the basis of the interview or the certificate on
the completion of university preparatory courses.
3.6. Enrollment for studies with payment for education (tuition fee) is carried out according to the order and an agreement
about preparation of higher education specialists on a fee basis (for foreign students) concluded in the prescribed manner.
3.7. A person having got 0 (zero), 1 (one), 2 (two), 3 (three) points is not allowed to study at Mozyr State
Pedagogical University named after I.P.Shamyakin.
3.8. If there is a limited number of places, the decision about admission is taken by the admission committee on the
competitive basis in the following order:
- persons having a certificate of education issued by an educational establishment of the Republic of Belarus providing secondary,
secondary professional, specialized secondary, higher education;
- persons having a certificate of the completion of a preparatory department;
- persons having a higher score in the language of instruction according to the interview results;
- persons having higher scores obtained during the interview. If it is necessary, the marks can be transferred to a 10-point scale.
3.9. The requirements for enrollment of foreign citizens and stateless persons at the university include a passport or
any other document proving the applicant's identity, an entry visa, an obligatory medical insurance policy valid in the Republic of Belarus.
3.10. Persons who are not enrolled on the interview results can apply for a place at the preparatory courses.